Friday, June 12, 2009

Proverbs 31:16-17

"She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms."

My Father God, I am learning so much from these Proverbs 31 passages that I did not realize was there before. How exciting to discover that the woman described here wisely and successfully invested part of her resources in real estate...she purchased a field. She did not allow it to "lay waste," either! Due to her hard work (the fruit of her hands), a vineyard was planted. Estimating from her many promising endeavors, I'm certain the vineyard was productive as well. Lord, you teach me a major reason she was able to undertake such a task in the next verse. She worked out; she exercised! Dear Lord Jesus, grant me the strength and determination to muscle my way through the more rugged tasks you call me to do, be it planting or harvesting. In your holy name, Amen.

No comments: